A tomato based pasta sauce that is packed full of hidden veggies. With great taste and plenty of nutrients, you will make this your staple recipe for your family pasta night.
Super Healthy Pasta SauceA tomato based pasta sauce that is packed full of hidden veggies. With great taste and plenty of nutrients, you will make this your staple recipe for your family pasta night.
Small green bell pepper,small-sized
Tomatoes, medium-sized, diced
Red chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and black pepper
- Place garlic, carrot, spinach, and bell pepper into a food processor and grind until you have very small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot, then add chopped veggies. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and veggies begin to become soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, stir, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften and break down.
- Add water and tomato paste, stirring to create a thick sauce.
- Add spices and seasonings, stir, cover, and cook for at least 30 minutes over low heat, stirring periodically.
- Leave the sauce as it is for a chunky version, or alternatively, blend with a hand blender to create a smoother sauce.