The best roast chicken EVER paired with the creamiest, dreamiest risotto is the perfect dinner combination!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic Parmesan RisottoThe best roast chicken EVER paired with the creamiest, dreamiest risotto is the perfect dinner combination!Mandi Lynn
Garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Parmesan Risotto
Short grain rice
1 1/2 Cups
Broth (have more on hand incase it's needed)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Wash the chicken and pat dry. Use 3 Tbsp of room temperature butter to rub all over the chicken. Make sure to get it under the skin!
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken, then place the lemon inside of the chicken cavity, along with the crushed garlic. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 450, basting occasionally. Then lower the heat to 375 and cook for an additional 45-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- For the risotto: Put broth on simmer. In a separate pot, melt 3Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add UNWASHED rice to the butter and cook for a minute, making sure all pieces are coated. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Over med-low heat, add simmering broth one ladle at a time to rice, stirring constantly until absorbed. After each ladle of broth has been absorbed, add another. Keep repeating this process, stirring constantly, until the rice is cooked and creamy. This should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Once rice has finished cooking, add parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Serve chicken over risotto and dig in!