This Lebanese dish is delicious, healthy, and worth the effort!
Mahshi (stuffed zucchini and eggplant)This Lebanese dish is delicious, healthy, and worth the effort!Mandi Lynn
Short Grain White Rice
Ground lamb or beef
Salt and Pepper
Juice of Lemon
- Wash vegetables thoroughly, cut off stems and place into a bowl of cold water.
- Using an apple corer, hollow out the insides of the vegetables and place them back in the water to prevent browning. Save pulp to add to vegetable soup...no need to wast it :)
- Wash rice and drain. Mix together rice, meat, ghee, salt, pepper, and cinnamon until well combined. Fill each hollowed out vegetable with the mixture, until about 3/4 full, then place them in the bottom of a large pan in one layer.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and pour over vegetables. Put a plate on top that is large enough to cover all of the veggies, then put a heavy bowl of water on top to weigh down the plate.
- Bring to the boil, then cook over medium heat for one hour. Serve with salad on the side and enjoy!