Adapted from a classic Lebanese dish and packed with flavor, this chicken and potatoes will knock your socks off!
Lemony Garlic Chicken and PotatoesAdapted from a classic Lebanese dish and packed with flavor, this chicken and potatoes will knock your socks off!Mandi Lynn
Head of Garlic
Juice of Lemon
1 1/2 Teaspoons
Chicken Stock Cube
- Place cleaned chicken in a large pot, cover with water, and boil for 20-30 minutes. It will be partially cooked. Remove from water and set aside to cool for handling.
- While ithe chicken boils, preheat oven to 375, peel potatoes and slice into wide slices (about 1 inch), and slice onions into thin slivers. Place into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Peel the head of garlic...yes, you really need the whole thing. It should be 10-15 cloves. Place garlic, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, tumeric, salt, pepper, and chicken stock cube into a food processor and mix into a paste.
- Back to the chicken...cut it into 4 pieces. Take half of the garlic/spice paste and rub into chicken pieces, making sure to get it under the skin for good flavor. The remaining garlic/spice paste goes over the potato/onion mix along with one cup of hot water. Mix well.
- Place chicken pieces on top of potatoes and onions. Pierce the chilies with a knife several times and add to the pan.
- Cover and cook for one hour, or until potatoes are tender and chicken slides off the bone. Then, uncover and turn on the broiler until the chicken is golden and the skin is crispy. Serve alone or over white rice.