Don't waste time and money on delivery when you can make it at home!
Homemade PizzaDon't waste time and money on delivery when you can make it at home!Mandi Lynn
1 1/2 Cups
Olive Oil, divided
All Purpose Flour
Tin of 1
Salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yeast, salt, garlic, and basil along with water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir until combined.
- Add in the flour one cup at a time, stirring and then kneading when dough becomes stiff.
- Knead until all ingredients are well combined. If the dough is sticky, add extra flour by the spoonful until it becomes smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of the bowl and turn dough until it is oiled on all sides.
- Cover bowl with a wet tea towel and leave in a warm area to rise for 2 hours.
- To make the sauce, heat olive oil and add chopped garlic until fragrant. Add chopped tomatoes and spices, stir, and leave to simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a thick sauce forms.
- Once dough has risen, heat oven to 500F. Divide dough into two portions, spread out with hands, and top with sauce and desired toppings.
- Thicker pizzas, or pizzas with more toppings will take approximately 12-15 minutes. Thin pizzas will take as little as 8 minutes to finish.