This bread is a favorite for my family at holiday times, but I love it any time of year!
Banana BreadThis bread is a favorite for my family at holiday times, but I love it any time of year!Mandi Lynn
1 1/2 Teaspoons
Eggs, lightly beaten
Bananas, ripened, smashed
Chopped Walnuts, chopped
- Preaheat oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add at once to flour mixture and stir until just combined. The batter should be a bit lumpy. Gently mix in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, making sure to only fill about 2/3 of the way full. Bake extra batter, if you have it, into muffins.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes for a 9x5x3 inch pan, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the bread out and allow it to cool completely before slicing. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap to keep the bread moist and fresh.
- I like this bread warm with a little butter, and if you want to be really outrageous, you can use it to make french toast! Enjoy!